For thousands of years, Oud oil or Agarwood oil has been used in holistic therapies, particularly in Ayurvedic medicine. Known for its healing properties and therapeutic benefits, oud oil has long been used to enhance wellbeing. In today’s growing spa culture, many high-end spa ranges are adding more than a drop or two of this ‘liquid gold’ to use in wonderfully relaxing wellness treatments.
The sweet, deep and magical scent of oud oil stimulates the senses and revitalizes and relaxes at the same time. Oud oil evokes a wonderfully rich and balanced aroma that penetrates to your core; easily blended, it is a transformative ingredient in spa and aromatherapy massage oils and luxury face and body creams as well as bath products and incense.
Spa benefits of oud oil
- Relaxes the whole body: The heady scent transports as the ancient oil creates a laid-back feeling. Oud oil is also an anti-inflammatory and can be an effective way to relieve pain in the muscles.
- Restores balance to the mind: The spiritual aspects of oud oil are often attributed to its impact on clearing the mind and boosting consciousness levels and alertness. Used in meditative practices. It is believed that oud oil promotes inner peace and a feeling of clarity and meditative calm.
- Releases pent-up emotions: Spa treatments nourish not just the body but the whole mind, and the captivating scent used in an oud oil spa therapy can help release anxiety, emotional blockages as well as negativity. Spa treatments are about letting go of the past and future to embrace the mindfulness of now and it is this focus that de-stresses and creates space for a more positive outlook.
- Boosts libido: It is little surprise that the intoxicating perfume of oud oil is considered to be an aphrodisiac and agarwood has been used in the treatment of sexual dysfunction as well. Certainly, the relaxed state oud oil inspires does enhance your mood and enable you to connect more deeply with yourself, a relationship which is at the root of sexual healing.
- Detoxifies, improves digestion and alleviates respiratory problems: The potency of the agarwood essential oil reduces gas in the system, acts as a diuretic and is also reported as being anti-asthmatic. The health benefits of oud oil go hand in hand with the spa benefits.
- Improves the skin’s radiance: Oud oil helps repair the skin’s cells and fight free radicals. In doing so it rejuvenates and hydrates the skin and just a few drops added to a spa face product can really enrich the antioxidizing facial experience.
- Particularly in Thailand and Southeast Asia, the spa culture is highly developed and there are many incredible spa brands being introduced. Oud oil can be used in a diffuser to set just the right spa ambiance, massaged into tired muscles with a carrier oil or added to a wonderfully soothing bath or cooling, moisturizing cream.
Australian luxury skincare range, Sodashi retails an Arabian Oud Body Oil and has developed special oud oil products for exclusive spas. Agadire Men is a line of oud oil hair products for men with hair and body wash and even beard oil. Natural beauty product chain, The Body Shop has also launched their Red Musk range with oud oil body lotion and shower gel. Oud oil gives spa product brands an added layer of luxury that resonates with the customers seeking a fragrant and indulgent spa treatment.